My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Birdhouses & Fans





Today my oldest son Jim came over to work on projects. Jim lives in a group home and goes to a center two days a week where he teaches a small class on papercraft on one of the days and a class using the polymer clays on the other day. I help him decide on a project and set up the supplies that each person will need. Today we made fans and birdhouses for the papercraft class and Jim sculpted a Sculpey dragon sample to take to the clay class, but we were so rushed at the end of the afternoon that I forgot to take a photo of the dragon after it came out of the oven.

I made my birdhouse as a gift for a friend who is going through a difficult time and my fan to go with my little shoe and purse set. Jim took two birdhouses home with him - one for a woman worker at his home and one for himself and he also had two completed fans that he was giving one away and keeping one. I forgot to take photos before I took him back home because we were working right up to the time we had to leave, so have only photos of mine for show 'n tell today.

Thank you for looking at my blog and taking the time to write to me! I appreciate your e-mails and kind comments of my work! I am starting some large projects and hope to be able to complete them this week but it is going to be a busy one! Take care.

Barbara Diane

2 comments:

Otava said...

That birdhouse is adorable! Are you going to post tutorials? (pretty please?)

Creations by Patti said...

Wow - loving the birdhouse and the fan, too! Very cute! xoxo - P