My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Rose Is A Rose Card Box and Cards


Hello!

When I saw a beautiful card box and cards tutorial called "A Rose Is A Rose" on Jenny Moor's blog Stamping Moments, I knew I had to make them! So I ordered the tutorial and happily and with great motivation I sat down at my table to begin. But sometimes when one is in a hurry one finds that one is not properly prepared! This 'one' wasn't. :<)

I discovered that not only did I not have the colors of card stock in the necessary 12 x 12 nor did I have the right stamp set! I had another set with a rose! Ah well, when one is still determined to continue and has no patience to wait until these supplies are ordered and arrive, there must be some 'tweaking' done! :<)

I had cardstock colors that were 'close' and a DP that had the rose pattern - I could cut out the roses! And so I began. I worked all day as I could not stop until I had finished and I had a wonderful day making this set! I intend to make it again with other colors, but here is my first version. My photos are a little dark as my camera is not behaving again, butI hope you enjoy.

Thank you Jenny for this wonderful tutorial! You can visit Jenny at her blog to see all of her many fantastic creations at http://stampingmoments.blogspot.com/ I asked Jenny if I could CASE a different card that I absolutely fell in love with and I am now working on that card and hope to have it finished soon.









Thanks for stopping by today!

Take care and have a good day!

Barbara Diane

1 comment:

helen said...

Love the colors and layout.