My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Short Tutorial

Hello!

A short tutorial on how to make the flowers on my stationary box.

I used the flower stamp from the SU Happy Together set - stamped on SU Regal Rose CS and colored in the petals using a SU Baroque Burgandy marker, leaving a rough border just inside the petals.



Then I cut out the individual flowers with a small curved scissors and used a SU 1/4 " punch for the flower centers. These were punched from the same Regal Rose CS and I used glue dots to apply.

(I have found that when cutting out a lot of flowers for a project, this type of scissors takes less effort to cut around curves, etc. and so causes less strain on my hand.)



A finished flower with the SU Pawsitively Prints DP used on the stationary box.



I have had numerous requests for both a stationary box tutorial and a magic box tutorial - so I am working on them and hope to have them finished in the near future.

Thank you for stopping by today - and thank you for all the wonderful comments and e-mails that you have been sending me! They are my inspiration! :<)

Wishing you a great day today!

Barbara Diane

1 comment:

helen said...

Thank you for doing the flowers tutorial. I was wondering how you did it.
I'll be honored if you case my topnote draw/jewelry box.