My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Triple Matchbox Gift Box

Hello!

Recently, I saw a candy gift box made by attaching 3 matchbox dies together in a row. You can see this box on http://www.craftincaro.ca and it is very cute! Caroline called it a drawer box and it was made to look like 3 little drawers in a row. Thank you for sharing this idea, Caroline!

I wanted to make one right away as this was a great idea to use the matchbox itself as a divider and so here is my version.

For my box I covered the sides and front of the matchboxes and used twill ribbon across the top, with velcro at the ends and on the sides of the box to keep the lid closed. The paper is SU To The Nines Specialty DP and Sahara Sand CS. I also used silver glued dots to highlight.

The flowers I made by layering 2 punched flowers - the top layer with petals going in the opposite direction from the first. (punch one from each side of the DP and then turn over the second one so that each are of the same design - one dotted, one stripe which is turned over to the dotted side) Hope that makes sense! :<}









Thanks for stoppin by today! I hope that your day is a good one!

Barbara Diane

3 comments:

Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

goodness, that's so much more beautiful then mine :)

The Crafty Lady said...

You are so dang creative! I love this little box. I am going to have to try one myself.

Laura Thorpe
www.stampingnscrapping.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Lovely, I've been trying to make one. Now I am going to stop everything and make one right now.