My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, November 27, 2009

Starting My Christmas Cards

Hello!

Halloween is over, Thanksgiving is over and now we start creating and sharing Christmas cards and projects! :<) My favorite time of the year! I love the colors, the music, the food, the decorations, the scents and smells of cinnamon/cranberry/pine - all of it! So here's to a great holiday season! :<)


I am totally taken with the style of layouts/accessories of some bloggers using certain stamps - the Magnolia stamps and Mo's Digital Pencil come to mind (LOVE them both) - with the insides of their cards as beautiful as the outsides and many added layers and accessories. This is a technique and skill I want to learn! I thought I would start with working on the inside of my cards. :<) It takes much longer to create each card but is well worth the effort!


I am having fun looking at the many different blogs, purchasing various company stamps that I see used in cards that I like and keeping idea files. I still do like SU papers and many of their stamps and supplies but I am finding a whole new world of stamping out there!

The supplies used in making this card are:

Stamp: SU The More The Merrier
Paper: SU Merry Moments DP and Old Olive, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip and Real Red CS
Ink: SU Basic Blacl
Other: White Liquid Applique/Heat Gun, Blue Chalk/Q-Tip

Thanks for stopping by today!

See you again on Monday with a new project!

Barbara Diane

3 comments:

helen said...

Hi Barbara,

The card is beautiful both inside and outside. Love the pop up snow!
You've said it all. This is the best time of the year.

Jackie Thomas said...

This card is gorgeous Barbara. It really does look lovely with the extra special touch of decorating the inside as well. I too am loving the digital world. Many of my featured cards are digis. They are just so versatile. I must admit though, I still love inking up my stamps. Have a great weekend. xo Jackie

Carol Hurlock said...

Hi Barbara:

I am so far behind it isn't funny. I have taken over Midnight Madness while Priscilla is on vacation and will be in my third week of that!!! LOL Plus I took a CO position at Splitcoast Stampers for Virtual Stamp Night and volunteered for a job I won't ever be doing again once I finished...LOL I appreciate your comments...and by all means you are welcome to CASE my tags...aren't they the coolest and a great way to send a little gift in the card. Just love this card of yours here...those snowmen are delightful. I get very inspired by your work as well. I know I have to pick up an award here that you gave me and I promise I will get it soon. Thank you so much for presenting me with that...I is so appreciated and flattering to be honored by such a wonderful crafter as yourself.

Hugs,
Carol
chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy