My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Triangle Card Tutorial

Hello,

I am not sure what this card is called, but I call it a Triangle Card. The finished card looks impressive and difficult to make but it is really quite simple to fold and does not require a lot of time to create. You can make this card from any even numbered square. I used a 6" x 6" square to make this card.

Divide the CS into 4 even squares (these are 3") by folding it in half horizontially and vertically so that you have two intersecting center lines.

Then fold once on the diagonal.

The three fold lines will look like this.

Then fold up the outside corner of one of the squares to meet the center line and the inside point of the opposite square. See photo.

Turn the card so the folded triangle is facing you with the point down and bring up the remaining folds in a mountain/valley pattern as in the following photos.






Tomorrow I will have photos of how I finished this card as a Holiday card. If you have any questions let me know. :<)

Thank you for stopping by today!

Barbara Diane

3 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Hi Barbara:

The fold on this card is so cool. I can't wait to see how you decorate it...so I will be back tomorrow to check it out..LOL

Thank you for the kind and lovely comment about my cards on my blog. It's funny, but I get so much inspiration from your blog and have for a long time...I visited before I became a follow!!! As crafters it's a wonderful gift we can give to each other. We learn and take so much creativity with us and be blessed by the wonderful people we meet along the way!!! I am so glad we share with each other Barbara!!!

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Carol-Chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy

Zebiline said...

Wow! Thank you for the Workshop to make a Triangle Card! I must try this!

Many hugs from
Gaby

Jackie Thomas said...

this looks like fun, I will have to give it a go. I have left you two awards over on my blog. have a great day. xo Jackie