My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Split Negative

Hello!

The technique I used to create today's card is called Split Negative. I saw this demonstrated on "Stamp TV with Gina K Designs" and thought it made a lovely card. You can see her tutorial at http://stamptv.ning.com/ I follow this site and she has a great new tutorial each week. If you have not visited her yet, check it out and you will be happy you did! :<)

Basically, a Split Negative card is an image stamped/embossed twice - each one in a different color and each image is then cut in half and displayed on the card with 1/2 of each color placed side by side. This can be done with any combination of colors, but in the tutorial Gina K uses black and gold and I thought it very elegant.

In real life this combination on the card is so pretty and the photo does not do it justice.

The card front.

The inside.


Thanks for stopping by!

We are in the midst of one heck of a winter storm here in WI and surrounding areas. I am going outside now to see if I can find my car. So much snow! This was such a severe blizzard that places had the thunder snow. And today the frigid cold and winds are to start. I will try to remember to take photos.

Take care.

Barbara Diane

2 comments:

pickle said...

Wow what an effective technique..looks stunning..thankyou for your lovely message on my blog it is very much a ppreciated xxkerry xx

Jackie Thomas said...

This is truly stunning Barbara. How clever are you?? Thank you for your kind messages you always leave me. You make my day. xo Jackie