My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Have You Heard of Scraplings?

Hello!

This is a scrapling. :<) These small tags/gift cards are made using the strip of CS - or scrap - that is left after cutting the CS to create a 4" x 4" square card. What a great way to use those scraps! :<)

This is a set I made of a 4" x 4" card and a gift tag - made from the remaining strip of CS - my first scrapling! :<)

I saw one today on someone's blog and decided to Google "scraplings" to see what samples I could find. This seems to be a new trend so I wanted to see what was out there.

Sometimes when one is looking for something on the Internet, a wonderful new blog is found. I came across one today - in my search for the scraplings. The blogger's name is Heather Scott and her blog is "OZ-somestamps" at http://stampez.typepad.com/ Please do check this out as she is one talented woman! I must have printed 7 project tutorials and watched many of her videos.

Heather's posting for the scrapling she made was way back on January 10, 2009 - so you can see she is on top of things! :<) She very cleverly cut a slit on the top of the scrapling to the punched hole and then all she had to do was bend that slit open and slip it over the handle of the bag! No tie necessary! So I did that too! Thank you Heather!

One of the bits of information I found was that "the scraplings were the brainchild of Shari Carroll over at Hero Arts" and there are many samples to be found on many blogs. I am working on more of the little scraplings and will post photos of them at a later date. But I have finally finished some projects that I have been working on so I want to post them first. :<)

I do not remember where I first saw mention of a scrapling today that sent me off on the grand search and after spending hours looking at so many different blogs and samples, I have not been able to find it again! So when I do, I will post the name of that blog!

It was one of my followers! Zebline at "Stampathy"! http://stampathy.blogspot.com/ I always look at the blogs of my followers first thing every morning, in addition to as many on my favorites list that I have time to look at. I remembered it was Zebline and when I went to her blog - there it was - the scrapling! Thank you Zebline for sharing your wonderful project! :<)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Wishing you a great week!

Barbara Diane

4 comments:

helen said...

Isn't it great when we could use up all of our papers without wasting them! Love your scrapling!

Gaby said...

I really like your scrapling and your card.
I also hate to throw away scraps.

And thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog.

Hugs
Gaby

Zebiline said...

Your Scrapling is beautiful! I love this on the Giftbag. The Blog from Heather Scott is so fantanstic. Thank you for finding.
I have my inspiration to the Scraplings from http://stampingmathilda.blogspot.com
this Blog is so full from good ideas. Take a look!
I wish you a very good day and thank you for the lovely words¨*♥
Gaby

Heather said...

Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog and for sharing it! I am so glad you found some inspiration there. I hope I can go thru some of your soon too!