My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Favorite Five Christmas Cards of 2011

Hello!

I wanted to join Debby on her blog "A Scrapjourney" in showing my five favorite Christmas Cards of 2011 - and it was a lot harder than I thought it would be! For me, this was the year of sparkle and glitter and I used Stickles everywhere on my creations! Here are my five choices - starting with my very favorite vintage Santa.

This vintage image was from "Digital Two For Tuesday" and I made over 30 cards using this image. Color was only added to the wreath and berries and Stickles was added on the berries and around the frame of the card.


In this poster/card I used Mo Manning's digital image "Tattered Santa" with her "Christmas Lamp Post" image to create a scene. Stickles was added to the light in the lamp and the bow on the wreath, the trim on Santa's outfit, the ribbon and clapper on the bell and the snow. I also added it to the center of each snow flake in the background paper. I used this Santa alone in many more cards variations.

This sweet digital image is from Phindy's Place and she is called "Miss Chrissy Tree". The Stickles was added to the tree lights and the star.

These delightful "Double Skating Snowmen" digital image is from Sassy Cheryl's and I used Stickles on the scarves, hats, and coat trim in addition to adding it to the center of each snowflake in the background paper.


And my final - not my least favorite - choice was made using the fun digital image "Merry Christmas" from Just Ink Lined and I am also using this on my New Years cards. The Stickles was used on the scarves, hats and drinks in adition to the snow and in the center of each star in the background paper.


Those are my five favorites of 2011 - it was a year of being overwhelmed with card making as I took on too much. So next year I will have to re-think this again and either make less cards (can't leave anyone out), make simpler cards (no fun) or start earlier (guess that's it)!

Thanks for stopping by today! Wishing you a good one!

Barbara Diane

4 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

You've chosen some fun cards and the images are cute. I just LOVE the vintage Santa, I had to go find it on that blog. TFS.

Sassy Cheryl said...

What a busy gal you've been! You would make. Great Santa's helper. :)
They're all amazing. Hope yu had an amazing week.
Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun with these amazing creations.

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous Barbara, what fabulous choices.
Thanks for joining My Favourite Five Christmas Cards this year.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Barbara, I especially like the first one, very striking. I find it hard working with digi's as I water colour but I do love them for their flexibility.

Hugs
Brenda