My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The WYSCWI Card

Hello!

Well, here is the "Why You Shouldn't Create When Ill" card. I decided to post it as I had made it for two challenges and it has been such a long time since I had something to share because of feeling so ill with that wicked virus. So, after making a new image 3 times and changing the patterned paper twice and the stars a ridiculous 4 times, here it is. I used one of Sassy Chery's digital images called 'Winter Birds In The Trees' which I love - and that is the good part of this card! :<)

The theme at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge is to "use a punch and something shimmery". I used Crystal Lite on the trees, bird houses and birds and also put a drop of it on each star. A star punch was used to punch the 3 individual stars from the patterned paper. Go to http://sassycherylschallenge.blogspot.com/ to see all of the awesome creations.

The 2 Sisters Challenge Blog provided a sketch for this challenge and you can see all of the great entries using this fun sketch at http://2sisterschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ Using sketches is something new for me and I am really enjoying it.

I am happy that you came to visit my blog today! We are having very warm temperatures here in this part of WI - it was 48 degrees yesterday! I love this kind of winter but I think we need some very cold weather to kill all of these virus germs.

Barbara Diane

6 comments:

Karen said...

Sorry to hear that you have been poorly, I do hope you are feeling better [[hugs]]. Gorgeous art work, its lovely :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Karen #108

Kezzy said...

I think your card is beautiful, I love the bright colours and the image is so cute. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenge Blog this week :-) Kezzy x

Sassy Cheryl said...

Oh, I think it's lovely. No. . . .I take that back. It's gorgeous!!! :) I feel your pain on changing and re-coloring. Been there done that myself. But I LOVE IT!
Thanks for playing in the Shimmer & Punch challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

Ann said...

well I think your card is adorable.
We've had a very mild winter so far, not much snow at all. Makes me wonder if we'll pay for it when summer comes.
Hope you are feeling better now and the virus is staying away from you

Rhonda Miller said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. I think it's a great card. TFS.

Jeni said...

Wonderful card! I just love the glossy accents, it makes the image really pop. I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Cheryl's.
~jeni :)