My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A WOYW? Wednesday and the 4th of July!


Hello and Happy 4th of July!

It is time for another WOYW? Wednesday and also a record breaking  heat wave here in this part of WI for our July 4th celebration! We are to have 102 degrees today and 104 tomorrow! That is a heat index of 104-110! Unbelievable. We have had a heat advisory all week that lasts until Friday at 10:00 pm - cooling stations have been opened for those who have no air conditioning and they are opened 24 hours so people can stay overnight if necessary. The heat is so intense it is causing road buckles where the concrete expands causing huge bubbles in the road.- you may have seen the YouTube video of the WI SUV hitting one and going airborne and crossing the median barely missing uncoming traffic! If you have not seen this you can see it here - wait a moment for the commercial and then be amazed! http://www.wlwt.com/news/national/SUV-goes-airborne-on-buckled-road-in-Wis/-/9837944/15383154/-/c4k20tz/-/index.html The people in the car had only minor injuries which was a miracle - what a traumatic experience!

Mostly sorting going on at my workdesk today. I have my new In Color cardstock from SU, my many strips of DP that I collect from trimming paper to size - don't know what I will do with them yet, maybe a quilt card - and some digital images I have printed that need to be filed - ready to use. To see what WOYW? is all about if you aren't familiar with it, go to Julia's blog http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/ to see what other bloggers are creating!


Thank you for stopping by today to visit my blog! I think today I am just going to take it easy and stay inside! I had to be out and about yesterday to take my son to an appointment and run errands - and it was hot! We have a forecast for some thunderstorms today and tomorrow but every storm has been bypassing us for weeks now so not much hope. Wishing you a happy day and if you celebrate the 4th of July - stay cool!

Barbara Diane

4 comments:

Angie said...

We wish it was warmer over here ...it is struggling to be 65 even though it is summer but no way would I cope with your temperature as we dont have air con ....a very few do in the inner cities in England but not here in Scotland. Keep hydrated .
Nice neat and tidy desk btw. #10

Lisa Jane said...

oh gosh i don't know how you cope with that heat .. i would have to live in one of those cooling stations!

Anne said...

Hello there I couldn't cope with that heat - would have to live somewhere with aircon on all the time. At the moment tho there's not much chance of it getting that hot here. We have had day after day of rain and had to have the central heating on when normally would not need it. Happy crafting WOYWW and 4th July. Anne x #131

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, that's crazy hot. I hope you're able to stay cool. I'll have to go watch that video. TFS.