My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Monday, August 6, 2012

Card Image Edited From Christmas to Fall


Hello!

On Friday I posted about a card I was editing - turning a Christmas image into a Fall image with a few little changes. I have used one of Sassy Cheryl's digital images called "Sally and Her Birds" - (above) a sweet little girl sitting on a Christmas present talking to her birds, with snow flakes falling all around them. After cutting out the entire image - I used paper painting (paper piecing) to turn the present she is sitting on into a bench. I cut out leaves from another Cheryl's digital image called "Sally and Her Autumn Leaves" to replace the snow flakes and paper painted them in fall colors, made the birds red Cardinals and the ground green. When all of the individually cut out image pieces were glued to a blue sky paper background - it became an entirely different image! :<) I love cutting paper!




Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog! I am going to play catch-up today in returning visits and comments - I love it so much when you come to visit me and leave your kind words that I try to return each one! Know that even if I am late - I will be by to see what you are creating! Wishing you a great Monday!

Barbara Diane

9 comments:

Linda said...

What a clever idea. The card is very beautiful
hugs Linda

Darnell said...

A Dor Able!!!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Barbara it is always a great treat when you can use a stamp for multiple themes and events. Thanks for sharing how versatile this image is!

Katie said...

This is amazing! I love how you edited the image! It really changed the whole look from Christmas to fall!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love the finished card. It switched seasons beautifully.

Ann English said...

...and the finished card is stunning! Love it, Barbara!
Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge, Pretty Papers.

Auntie Em said...

Adorable!!! I love the way you switched seasons. Great idea and really gets a person a little more mileage from an image. Thanks for sharing! :)

Shirley said...

Love the way you converted this from a Christmas to a Fall image. Beautiful card, inside and out.

Lisa Minckler said...

Now this is REALLY cute! I love getting more bang for your buck and what a great idea you've come up with to change the seasons here. Super cool!!!