My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Friday, August 3, 2012

Editing An Image


Hello!

Sometimes when I look at an image I can picture it a little bit different. When I was making the card I posted yesterday using a Sassy Cheryl's digital image with the swirling Fall leaves, I thought of another of her images that would look so cute with the leaves but it is a Winter/Christmas theme. So by transforming the present she is sitting on into a bench, coloring the birds red for winter cardinals and then cutting them all out to eliminate the snow fall of the background - I could create a Fall scene. I colored her clothes in appropriate colors, pasting her and the birds onto a blue sky background and added leaves that I cut out from another print of the first image. Monday I will post the completed card. You can purchase all of Cheryl's wonderful images  at http://www.sassycherylsdigis.com/



Thank you for stopping by today to visit my blog! Wishing you a great weekend! We continue to have hot and humid weather here in this part of WI but at least with the rain we can see some green again!

Barbara Diane

6 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

I love how it turned out. Great job on transforming the image.

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love using images in a different way from what they were initially intended for..and i love your idea to make the present into bench
Lisa x

Ann said...

You are so good at this. It looks great

Mrs A. said...

Can't wait to see it all revealed. Hugs Mrs A.

Ann English said...

Very clever, my friend! Looking forward to seeing your card!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Perfect! I love the way you made the image suit you. Smart gal! Of course I already knew that. :) LOVE IT!
Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday this week.