My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pretty Papers at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge

Hello!

"Sassy Sally and Her Autumn Leaves" is one of the new digital images at Sassy Cheryl's and I loved this from the moment I saw her as I knew it would be wonderful to paper paint! I first colored Sally's face and hair on the printed image on white cardstock and then I cut out all of the printed paper images of her clothes and the leaves and glued them on the white cardstock. I outlined all of the images with a blue marker and when that was complete, I cut out the individual cardstock/paper images and glued them to the printed image on the cloud background paper - then to the black card. It's no secret - I LOVE detail cutting! :<)

I have entered this card into the current challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge - "Pretty Papers" - and if you want to see all of the beautiful inspiration go to http://sassycherylschallenge.blogspot.com/ I never cease to be amazed at the many different interpretations of a theme - the creativity of the human mind is awesome!





Thank you for stopping by today to visit my blog! Wishing you a very creative day!

Barbara Diane

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is brilliant .. i love the autumnal colours and the paper pieced leaves
Lisa x
ps check out this new challenge blog - http://heckofachallenge.blogspot.co.uk/
you can win candy

Linda said...

What a gorgeous card
husg Linda

Elizabeth Allan said...

Oh Barbara Diane this is too cute! Love your choice of patterned papers for this autumnal design!

Lisa Minckler said...

Hi Barbara,
I just got done reading your very sweet comments on my blog and you most certainly may use my phrase regarding heat. I did take a sneak peek into next week's forecast and almost fell out of my chair. High in the low 80's!!!! I hope it's not a tease...I can't wait.
Your cards and posts have been so much fun to admire. I'm your latest follower.
Hugs and stay cool...
Lisa xx

Sandy said...

Such a cute image, just love the colouring and the pricked holes around the edge too.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment.
I've also added my name to your followers list.
Sandy

Ann said...

She's adorable and your card look wonderful. I've never been very good at cutting out all those little pieces

Rhonda Miller said...

Sooo cute.

Shirley-Anne said...

I can almost feel the breeze around my knees .Wonderful paperpiecing on the beautiful windy scene .Especially love the Autumn hues ..My fav colours.
Thank you for your visit and kind words .

Mrs A. said...

Such a lot of work but well worth It. Hugs mrs a.

Sassy Cheryl said...

What a STUNNER. . . .and I love the sky. Super gorgeous Barbara! I just LOVE IT!
Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's Fancy Papers Challenge this week.

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is super, and cute..Love it

Ali x