My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Thursday, May 2, 2013

The 4th in the Wizard of Oz Holidays Series

Hello!

It has been a long time since I posted a new creation. My son Jim has been with me since his lung surgery on April 8th and he now has returned home to the Adult Family Home where he lives. The past many months have been very difficult and now I pray for him to continue his recovery with his new family - a young couple and their 5 month old daughter who Jim calls his 'little sister'. My heartfelt Thank You! again to all of you who sent him your wonderful cards. They brought him many smiles!

I have been creating a series for my friend Mary of Mo Manning's "Wizard of Oz" digital images - placing each of the characters in a holiday background. First was the 'Tin Man' on Valentine's Day, second was the "Scarecrow" on St. Patrick's Day, third was "Dorothy" on Easter and now the 'Cowardly Lion' on Halloween. The remaining two images - the 'Wicked Witch of the West' and the 'Good Witch of the East' will be completed soon. I am entering this card in Mo's challenge of 'Anything Goes' - my first challenge in many weeks. Go to http://mosdigitalchallenge.blogspot.com/ to see all of the great entries.

I gave Mary this card today and she was very happy with this 4th character and added the card to her collection that she keeps on display in her office.They make a colorful collection on top of her file cabinet and bring me happiness to see them there.


It has been unbelievable weather here in this part of WI for the past few days - reaching 80 degrees on one day. It is now to return  to the 40's again with rain - a big difference. This is WI and that's the way we do it here! :<) Wishing you some sunshine today!

Barbara Diane

3 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Barbara Diane!! I'm so glad your son is on the mend!! And ohhhh...I'll bet your friend, Mary, will love love LOVE this!! Absolutely adorable! And I'm so glad you've joined us for this week's "Anything Goes" challenge at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

Rhonda Miller said...

It's so good to see your posting. I'm glad you hear your son is getting better. I hope he continues to improve. I LOVE your card. That lion is so cute hiding in his pumpkins.

Lisa Jane said...

Wonderful to hear Jim is recovering well.. Love this little project
Lisa x