My Whimcees

My Whimcees

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Baby Quilt for Sophia

Hello!

Those of you who follow my blog know that my oldest son lives in a Adult Family Home with a young couple who have a 1 year old daughter who's name is Sophia. I just finished this quilt for her using a panel as the top and then machine quilting around all of the figures - elephant, giraffe, owls, butterflies, flowers, etc.  


The quilt is also stitched all around on the edge and again on the dark pink border all around in addition to across and down on the individual blocks.









Her parents were very happy with the quilt - as was Sophia - and her mother asked me if I could make something for the walls to match the quilt as Sophia will now be moving into her own room. My friend Kristie had also purchased a kit with this panel and she graciously agreed to let me have it  - and brought it to me yesterday. So now I have it to create some wall hangings of the individual figures to match the quilt. I will keep you posted!

What a difference a few months makes when you are a kitten. This is February 19th . . . .



This is June 18th. Jimbo is becoming a very large cat and now even his markings are changing! I have been taking photos to watch this as it is believed that he has some Maine Coon in him because of the tail and pointed/tufted ears and toes and round eyes and square chin. Whatever his genes, he is a sweetheart!


We have had so much rain here in this part of WI but today it is sunny and clear skies! The humidity has been so heavy - yesterday it was intense. I am happy for the cool breezes today and much less humid weather! Wishing you a happy Sunday!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

1 comment:

Duendes said...

Hi,
what a beautiful job...you have fairy hands my dear friend.
kisses for you and cat,he grew up and this very cute.
hugs and blessings.